Monday 23 February 2015

Class notes; 23/2/15 pushing beyond your limits

Milzy took the class tonight.

Warm up was push ups, sit ups, squats and sprawls.

Knee tap sparring, sprawl when the back of your knee is tapped.

Elbow extension drilling from centre control (mount).

Elbow extension drilling from bottom control (guard).

Escaping the bottom control drilling.

Fighting with gloves on to escape bottom control, bottom control can submit x2 rounds.

Greco takedowns - hips and above.

Freestyle wrestling takedowns then pin for 3 seconds

Takedown from the knees to shoulder pinning.

Free form grappling x3 rounds.

I called this pushing beyond your limits as this was the most exhausting session I have had in many years. As I type my forearms feel like jelly, my head feels like it is till stuck in a vice and sunburned at the same time. But without hardship, challenge and struggle there will be no progress.

In the words of the great Sam Elliot, playing Wade Garrett in Roadhouse (possibly one of the finest 80's mullet-laden movies) "I'll rest when I'm dead", well I am at least half way there and have no plans to rest yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment